Our aspiration is to work with people who want to improve their health and wellbeing and with employers who wish to promote health and wellbeing within their organisations.
Benefits of Management Referrals
The management referral may include a request for an opinion on fitness to work following long term sickness and short term sickness. In these cases we can advise on;
- functional ability;
- reasonable adjustment to enable safe working;
- trends for recovery;
- prognosis – likelihood and timescale for return to work;
- relevant legal obligations including reasonable adjustments and whether or not the employee is likely or unlikely to meet the definition of disability within the meaning of the Equality Act 2010. It is worth remembering that it is only a court that can make such a decision.
We pioneered the use of the bio-psychosocial model in occupational health assessments. This approach systematically considers biological, psychological, and social factors and their complex interactions in understanding health, illness and ill-health behaviour.
Our occupational health nurses are trained and supervised to apply the bio-psychosocial approach to their work in the following ways:
- Elicit a history in the context of life circumstances
- Decide which aspects of biological, psychological, and social domains are most important
- Identify the underlying medical condition and absence behaviour as separate Issues (what lies beneath!)
- Promote work as being good for health and wellbeing
- Provide recommendations for rehabilitation and a productive return to work
Our most flexible option is for you to be given an occupational health referral appointment within 5 working days of the request. This will be done by video conference or telephone, where one of our occupational health nurses conducts a secured video/telephone assessment with your employee and provides a report within 24 hours of the assessment.
This service is tailor-made for small businesses and is flexible and cost-effective, this is particularly suitable if you need additional support to manage a complex case.
We recognise that some organisations require more frequent and dedicated service and have more regular referrals, so we can provide a routine weekly or monthly service by telephone or video conference and in some locations, we can provide face to face clinics.
To help you decide to refer or not, we can offer you pre-referral consultations with our occupational health nurses, you can have this consultation by telephone or videoconference. Client feedback suggests this is a valuable resource and can make all the difference in managing complex cases.
Our occupational health nurses and physicians are:
They are regularly audited on the quality of their reports, this assures you that they will provide good quality reports that add value to you managing the case.
Our reports cover the following areas:
- Background/presenting problem
- Clinical assessment/update ongoing health Issues
- Sickness absence
- Fitness to work
- Response to specific questions
- Equality act 2010
- Recommendations for adjustments and support
- Review or discharge